For Immediate Release
June 12, 2023 11:00am
TOWNSHIP OF BILLINGS MANDATORY BOIL WATER ADVISORY LIFTED
KAGAWONG, ON: Public Health Sudbury and Districts have lifted the Mandatory boil water advisory for residents on the water system as of June 12, 2023 at 11:00am.
After a Boil water Notice has been lifted:
• Flush all water-using fixtures for one minute.
• Run cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for one minute before using the water.
• Drain and flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator.
• Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
• Drain and refill hot water tanks set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C).
• Change any pre-treatment filters (under sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.).
MESSAGE FROM MAYOR BRYAN BARKER
This past Friday evening at approx. 8:00 pm. there was a loss of water pressure in the town water supply and the hamlet of Kagawong was without water. Pressure was restored thanks to OCWA and water was back on within an hour. As a result, a mandatory boil water advisory was issued which lasted into the weekend. Billings Township was able to secure two skids of bottled water for our residents who normally rely on town water to assist them with fresh drinking water until the mandatory boil water advisory was lifted.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our staff for their quick action to this urgent, after hours, situation which resulted in a speedy resolution. A special thank you to Jim Fowlie, Trish Patterson, and Diane Larocque for distributing bottled water at the marina. Not to forget the unknown fishermen on the dock that assisted in unloading the skids of water. Also, our Fire Chief Martin Connell and Jim Chambers for ensuring that all community water users were made aware of the mandatory boil water advisory. A great example of our community working together in resolving a potentially serious situation.
We thank all the residents for their patience and understanding.
For more information:
Emily Dance CAO/Clerk
Township of Billings