Friday August 25th, 2023
The Fire Ban for the Township of Billings has been completely LIFTED.
Burn Permits are now being issued, please call the Municipal Office to obtain a burn permit (705) 282-2611.
CONDITIONS FOR OPEN-AIR BURNING
- An approved Burn Permit be obtained that identifies the Person authorized to perform the burn and the material to be burned shall be readily available.
- The burn must take place in the allotted time frame identified on the Burn Permit.
- The burn must be supervised by a competent Person.
- Extinguishing and fire control tools must be readily available.
- The material being burned is clean wood, brush, leaves or discarded wood by-products.
- The burn must be done in accordance to the parameters determined by Fire Hazard Rating or Restricted Fire Zone criteria.
- The burn does not cause or have an impact on others.
- The burn is taking place between 8:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- The Chief Fire Official or Designate may, in extenuating circumstances for major projects or ceremonial activities not previously considered, authorize in writing to a Person, to burn under conditions other than those listed in section 3.1 through 3.7 of this Bylaw.
NOTE: Small campfires do not require a burn permit