Building Permit Applications
Interested in a Building Permit Application?
Please see the Building Permit Application Form (Editable or PDF) below. Complete the application and email it directly to Dan Osborne, the Building Inspector for Billings Township.
Dan Osborne, Building Inspector
Phone: (705) 282-2629
If you would prefer a printed copy please visit the Municipal Office at 15 Old Mill Road in Kagawong.
Did you know?
- Although a Building Permit is not required for a shed that is 160 sq ft or less, a Zoning Compliance Application is required to be obtained as these structures are an accessory use and cannot be placed on properties without a primary type of structure on the property first.
- A building permit is required for a building, unless it is simply a shed, over 108 sq ft.
- A building permit is valid for 2 years and can be renewed for an additional year for $50.
What do I need to apply for a permit?
- A completed application, including schedules #1, 2 and Energy Efficiency Design Summary (SB-10 or SB-12 if applicable)
- A site survey plan showing the location of all existing structures and proposed new construction.
- Construction drawings (from a qualified designer) with sufficient detail (foundation plan, floor plan, cross sections, elevations, details) to determine if the proposed construction will meet the minimum requirements of the Ontario Building Code.
- Septic Approval from the Sudbury District Health Unit if required.
- **Building Permits cannot be issued prior to Septic Approval. (If applicable)
How long does it take to get a permit?
A Permit can usually be issued in 10 business days, provided the application is complete, the drawings are adequate, and all other required approvals have been issued. More complex projects may take more time. The Ontario Building Code stipulates the time frame to process an application for construction once all required documents have been supplied and all required fees have been paid.