Old Mill Heritage Centre & the Post Office Museum
The Old Mill Heritage Centre was once a pulp mill constructed from nearby limestone. The pulp was shipped by freighter to the United States where it was processed into paper for Sears Roebuck catalogs. Today the building serves as a developing Heritage Centre and is open to the public during the tourist season. It is also the home of Old Mill Studios, a production studio available to chronicle stories of people and places on video.
The Post Office Museum is also known as the Transportation & Communication Building. Located next to the Old Mill Heritage Centre, this log building is the former Spring Bay pioneer post office and was relocated to Kagawong in October 1993. The museum was originally built in 1890 and served as a general store and post office.
For more information, please call (705) 282-1442
Admission is free but donations are welcome!