Kagawong Landfill Site
Billings Township wants to reduce the amount of waste going into the landfill by increasing participation in recycling. Please take the time to read the information and make the effort to properly sort your waste. This benefits everyone.
Recyclable Materials at Billings Township Landfill
Newspaper, magazines, phone books, paperbacks, and hardcover books, and household paper.
Box-board and corrugated (no waxed) – remove liners and please remember to flatten cardboard.
- Household cans (remove lids)
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Plastics #1-6: rinse, remove caps, and flatten (No plastic bags of any kind)
- Milk cartons, juice cartons, and juice boxes (flatten and remove straws and plastic caps)
- Recycling is Mandatory, unsorted garbage will not be accepted.
- Pop cans belong in one of the co-mingle bins.
- It is very important to flatten cardboard. It takes up too much space if it is not flattened.
- No recyclable should be put in bags. Use the recycling bins for your recyclables and bring them to the landfill.
- Only use CLEAR bags with garbage
Billings Landfill Hours
Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursdays 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sundays 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm
Please do your part to increase participation in recycling!