The Township of Billings requires an
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (full-time)
The Township of Billings is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the CAO/Clerk, the Administrative Assistant will perform general office administration tasks, provide support to all municipal departments and represent the township to individuals who call or visit the office. While the position is administrative, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to utilize and develop existing/new skills in communications (website, social media, etc.), municipal governance and finance, cemetery administration, records management and contract tendering and administration. A satisfactory criminal record check will be required for the successful candidate.
Typical job functions (not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive):
- Provides customer service functions as first point of contact in person/by telephone; provides assistance and information related to procedures, forms, service, problems, etc.; responds to routine questions, complaints, or requests for service; initiates problem resolution.
- Performs data entry functions; enters, updates, and deletes information.
- To assist and/or act as replacement for other office staff as required.
- To administer special projects as assigned.
- To act as corporate secretary in the absence of, or at the direction of the CAO/Clerk.
- To perform clerical tasks including typing of correspondence and reports, general filing, etc.
- Prepare tenders and administer contracts.
- Prepare invoices and receive payments and balance receipts.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work experience in a public office; ability to understand the principles and processes of local government operations and the role of various persons and groups in those processes.
- Good knowledge of municipal accounting, filing and clerical skills, organizational skills.
- Excellent computer and information technology skills, both hardware and software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, XLGL, Sage and WordPress.
- Ability to exercise discretion in identifying and selecting from alternative courses of action.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, and to interact with members of the public to resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Valid Driver’s Licence (minimum Class G) and access to a vehicle.
For further information please contact Kathy McDonald at 705-282-2611 ext. 2611 or by email at email@example.com. Applications consisting of a resume and covering letter outlining experience and qualifications related to the position will be accepted until Thursday June 28th, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. at the township office (15 Old Mill Road, PO Box 34, Kagawong ON P0P 1J0) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.